The Custodian is responsible for the cleanliness of the terminal and all other airport facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles cleaning chemicals safely in the performance of all duties; uses protective gloves and/or mask, if needed.
- Cleans, sweeps, vacuums, mops building floors in accordance with specific cleaning protocols.
- Removes gum from flooring daily.
- Services, cleans, and supplies restrooms.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Dusts furniture and equipment with a duster; dusts fan blades with long handled duster.
- Cleans glass and mirrors with a squeegee.
- Removes the trash from each area and disposes of it properly; cleans the trash cans.
- Collects and organizes recyclable items.
- Replaces the water bottles, as needed; stores them for recycling.
- Notifies supervisor concerning the need for supplies or major repairs.
- Maintains awareness of airport security issues and responds as required.
- Works around the general public and assists passengers by answering questions or providing information.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED. Some commercial cleaning experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to follow detailed instructions.
- Able to complete work in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to problem solve independently or seek assistance.
- Knowledge of general cleaning and disinfecting procedures, preferably in a commercial or institutional setting.
- Able to learn, understand and implement all knowledge of MSDS sheets on proper usage, emergency protocol, and disposal of all approved chemicals.
- Able to learn how to use all equipment as well as clean/maintain equipment after each use.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Able to lift 50 pounds, push, pull, climb and walk for most of the day.
Applicant must be a non-smoker for a year and able to lift 50 lbs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug/Smoke Free work place. Nicotine, drug and fitness screenings are done! Applications are available to download at www.flypgd.com and at the FBO or Administration building at the Charlotte County Airport Authority located in Punta Gorda.
Seasonal position. Starts at $10.50/hour, increase to $11.00/hour after 90 days.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK ON WEEKENDS.
Closing: May 12, 2017 @ 12:00 AM